Wednesday, August 5, 2015

People, the people


"whatever happened to that amazing blog by Kim & Madz?"-  The Internet 

I know guys, I know. People want da punch! We want da punch! Our boxing gloves may have been tied up for a while but thanks to Numbers & Data, we are back for Round 2 (ding ding!) which I am calling the "Rhonda Rhousey Roundhouse Punch"...round.


Is this a roundhouse punch? I don't know.


da PUNCH statistics show that more than 16 people have dropped by our site in the past 2 months (That's a lot of people, and way more interest than ever considering the last time we punched was around 2011 or so!).

On behalf of the two of us, we apologize with a "Sorry not sorry" for ol' Time's sake, but now we're back & here's an exclusive life update!:

Madz and I are still living together, but in a new apartment that is less impressive than our last, i.e. THIS
  

...but really, I would like to know who is living in that turtle home, if it truly exists or if it is a falsified photoshopped reverie, and if not, then is it perhaps for sale and when can i occupy it?

In all honesty though, we have a clear view of one of America's most famous big box grocers from our kitchen window, and often times, late at night, if we're lucky enough, the Drunks of Westside sing to us in their loud bellowing voices.  

Some may liken its unsightly building walls to that of a cement hellhole, but I know there are worse out there and the people are nice.  We have young mid-late 20's neighbors and one kid across the way is a violin aficionado, though at the tender age of 22 has told us he is too old to realize his dreams as a musical professional.   I recently watched a Jean-luc Ponty interview in which he states that pretty much anyone over the age of consent is too old to go pro if they haven't already.  How sad is that? In his defense, he's mostly referring to adults who are learning violin for the first time and mentions that "Hand Technique" must be learned at an early age.  But STILL. I hope this kid sticks with it and takes the piss on industry conventions though, because what's the point in living if you can't live your dreams or at least try?  Plus, by the adult age, I'm sure he's got plenty of hand technique experience that could potentially help in his future career.   

"The left-hand thumb can be a help or a hindrance. When kept in check, it orients our left hand within a position while providing a counter-pressure for the finger action (...) When it goes overboard it can cripple the left hand, leading to issues with finger accuracy and velocity, vibrato, shifting, and playing health. Since the thumb does not play any notes, it needs to do only what will support the other four fingers and their actions" -Liberation Movement

See what I mean?


Speaking of dreams, I recently met an impossibly cute AXOLOTL.  Let me preface this by saying I first learned of "axolotls" after watching a japanese anime where I saw the little pink guy floating around the lead anime girl's tank.  I thought it was just a made up animal, but the subtitles gave it a name so I decided to sleuth about the interwebz and guess what? 

Totally Real! Crazily enough, the aquarium guy I go to to buy regular "fish & frog" items just got 2 axolotls in for the first time ever!  Since seeing them live, I have spent every waking moment dedicated to daydreaming about my life with my pet axolotl (aka water dog).  After looking into it further, it appears they are definitely illegal to own in the state we are currently living in...but let's just say, if fate happens, I'm not going to stop it.  




truly, madly, deeply,
Kimberley

  




No comments: